Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Filters for all kinds of STUFF indoors1
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:21:36 -0400

Andrew- Right you are!
Even thought Flourescents are by and large deficient in redlight, they do
produce enough to expose the cyan dye layer, and usually +30M-10Y will give
usable results. The oinly exception is  the occasional pictures taken at one
of our local hospitals- they have the greenest flourescents I have ever
seen! Either the bulbs are very old or very cheap!
A point I saw in some Fuji literature, its that the new Superia series of
films also have the fourth layer, and thus give better results in mixed
lighting... even though we get a 'spiff' for selling Royal Gold films, I
always recommend the Fuji Superia filmss- one, because it's easier and nicer
to print! Very consistant slopes, and two- it is just such a good film, and
cheaper, too!! I'd rather turn out really nice production for the customer
than to sell 'this week's special' film.