Subject: [Leica] what is the "Leica" of scanners
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:12:04 EDT

Hello all!

This is _slightly_ off topic...but I wonder if anyone has found the perfect
scanner to complement their Leica negs. I have been sending mine out to a
service B. for $40/scan here in NYC.

I'm thinking of buying an Imacon scanner (the smaller one) to get "drum
scans" and I want to know if anyone out there has one. This is what my
service B. is using...but they have the larger one.

In addition, if it lives up to its claims, I may become a dealer of that
product line as well...so I'm interested in hearing if anyone out there WANTS
one of these as well. I'd love to hook up with a friend or two if/when I
place my order... if I end up doing it...to get us ALL a deal. Are any of you
out there salivating over this machine?

I am comparing the Eversmart, the Howtek (desktop model) and the Imacon
(smaller model). Does anyone know of a scanner that I should also include in
my comparisons? I am attracted by the fact that the Imacon does NOT need to
oil-mount the chromes... and I can't spend they kind of money that a
floor-standing drum scan costs.

BTW, this is to suplement my Agfa Arcus II...I'm not looking for another flat
bed "or low end"  scanner...only a drum scan or something of that ilk. Of
course, since my negs. will be Leica, the scans must be SHARP! ;-)

It makes me wonder why LEICA hasn't gotten into the game! ;-)

Thanks for any input!

Rich
The Photo Village, Inc.