Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide film help
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:52:45 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Noel H. Charchuk <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thursday, July 15, 1999 9:21 AM

>John wrote:
>Any close ups of the spectacular chuck wagon spill on Friday 9 July ? I
>spent twelve years going to the Stampede but never saw anything as hair
>raising as what was shown on the tv news last weekend.
>
>We were right on the inside rail of the track where the accident happened,
>in front of our eyes. I have a couple of shots of the immediate aftermath,
>I only had a 50 mm lens on, so no closeups
>Robert had his 400 mm on the R, but didn't take any photos, at the request
>of Stampede officials. The driver most seriously injured passed away early
>this week from his injuries.

.........that is strange. Stampede officials were right at the same spot you
were. I wonder if they were expecting trouble and being requested not to
take any tele photos makes me wonder whether they had already franchised out
the photo op? I have never ever heard of the Stampede people wanting to
restrict photographers before.

jh