Subject: Re: [Leica] "Filters for the 75/1.4M indoors?"- Certainly! Especially for negatives!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:26:12 -0400

BD-
Well, the "New" T400-CN has been replace with the B&W Plus Select film....
The T400CN had an integral mask, but it was light and didn't print as well
on colorpaper.
The new stuff looks and acts like Gold 200 on a color printer- I use the
same Gold channel on the printer when I print it.
Since the image itself is a gray dye, the only differenc in printing on B&W
paper would be the effect of the mask in that the overall speed of the paper
would probably be reduced. I haven't yet used it to print B&W paper.
I would suggest that if you are printing to B&W paper, that the Ilford XP-2
would serve better as it has no mask and looks exactly like a B&W negative.
The new Kodak stuff is made to print on color paper for 'down and dirty'
results- if they continue with the T400CN, I am sure it will print better on
actual B&W paper....
I'll post some results when I get a chance to try it in the darkroom....
Dan