Subject: [Leica] Cap for 12501 lens shade
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:34:26 -0400

Last week I wondered whether there was a cap that fits over the 12501
lens shade for the 21mm f/3.4 Super-Angulon-M. I got several responses,
and one of them, from Henry Chu, was right on target.  He suggested
using the cap for the 35mm f1.4 Summilux-M ASPH shade.

There are two versions of this cap.  14039 is the "regular" version and
14040 is the "soft" version.  Yesterday I found a used 14040 locally.
It is made of rubber and slides down over the 12501 with a nearly
perfect fit.  Definitely recommended.

I haven't seen the 14039, though.

Now, if only these caps would come in bright colors so I could not fail
to notice them in the viewfinder ...

- --
Pieter Bras