Subject: [Leica] Re: Credit cards (was: Summilux vs. Summicron)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:19:10 +0200

In that case I will chime in, having studied economic history...Yes, as so
many other artifacts of modern life, credit cards were invented in the
USA. Either BofA or Citibank introduced the VISA card in the late 50s.
Reminds me of a conversation about a foreign-born NBA player between two
TV announcers a few years ago; one said that the player had visa problems,
to which the other replied, "yeah, and he has AMEX and Discover problems
too..."

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> > Did we, in the US, introduce credit cards to the world? Seems like
> > we must have.
> >
> > --
> > Roger
> High finance history obviously not being my specialty I will defer the
> question to the group if it hadn't been already.
> Mark Rabiner

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium