Subject: Re: [Leica] Donning his asbestos suit, he asks: "Filters for the 75/1.4M indoors?"
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 06:20:09 +0200

George,

My answer is mostly (e), but in some cases (d) applies too. I have slides
shot with the Noctilux on Fuji Provia 400 or Kodak E200, and I find that
the warm tones are quite attractive and add to the ambience. You probably
do not want to try this with one of super-saturated films like E100VS.

Nathan

George Hartzell wrote:

> Ok, so I've ducked under the table and should be safe.
>
> I just bought a really nice 75/1.4 for my M6HM.  Yay!!!!
>
> I'm planning to shoot indoors in (you guessed it) fairly low light.
>
> Here's the question (multiple choice):
>
> When you folks are shooting color film with your wonderful 50/1.0 or
> 75/1.4, how do you avoid the dreaded orange glow from incandescent
> lighting?
>
>    a) I use an 80B filter.  (for extra credit, name your brand of
>       choice) (for extra extra credit, explain why you're using an 80A
>       instead...)
>
>    b) I use a fast, tungsten balanced color negative film (for extra
>       credit, name that film!).
>
>    c) My lab just "fixes" it when they print.  (for extra credit,
>       describe how you get them to do this for you)
>
>    d) I've learned to like "that look".
>
>    e) I don't shoot color indoors, just B&W.
>
>    f) I find that the green glass from the bottom of a Coke (tm)
>       bottle balances things out just fine.
>
>    g) other.  For credit, please explain.
>
> g.

- --