Subject: Re: [Leica] and personal space....
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 06:18:20 +0000

>"B. D. Colen" wrote:
>><snip>
>> In terms of Di and Doddie - They didn't need to give a photo op - all they
>> needed to do was have their driver obey the traffic laws and they'd be
alive
>> today and the world would have a few more crappy telephoto shots through
car
>> windows. Additionally - and apologies to any of Di's former subjects who
may
>> be offended - but I would suggest that Princess Di was an skilled
>> manipulator and user of the media who was eventually killed and eaten by
the
>> beast she had endlessly fed.><snip>
>
>I've never heard it said better because I've never heard it said at all.
>Thank you for expressing my deep feelings on this fascinating matter.
>Fascinating because some VERY rational people were clobbering
>photographers and still are because they thought they caused this
>tragedy. I've heard of mass hysteria but not mass bad judgment in the
>call of how this thing obviously went down and how it continues with
>many bored names who are not at all concerned  with the hard realities
>of whose child or dog might be in the street when the play their real
>life high speed hide and seek games.
>Mark Rabiner

I suppose none of us will ever understand completely why they prefer to run
away at neckbreaking speed from those paparrazis who were chasing them at
equally neck breaking speeds.  What I am more concerned about is that many
innocent people could have been killed along the stretch of road that this
whole event was taking place!   The quest for "personal space and privacy"
must  never be an irresponsible one.

Dan K.