Subject: RE: [Leica] and personal space....
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:23:19 -0400

Dr. Blacktape Continues To Stick His Neck Out...

Perhaps what we are discussing here are CULTURAL, rather than ETHNIC
differences regarding sense of privacy, personal space, etc. In certain
CULTURES having ones photo taken is regarded as a hideous affront. Some
Muslim groups, for instance, will take enormous - dangerous - umbrage at
anyone's taking photographs of their women. Those who feel this way share a
culture and religion, but they cross many ethnic lines.

And, by the way, Dr. Blacktape would suggest that the Road Rage in America
has much more to do with the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome than it
does with any American quirk related to personal space.