Subject: Re: [Leica] and personal space....
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:32:49 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:
><snip>
> In terms of Di and Doddie - They didn't need to give a photo op - all they
> needed to do was have their driver obey the traffic laws and they'd be alive
> today and the world would have a few more crappy telephoto shots through car
> windows. Additionally - and apologies to any of Di's former subjects who may
> be offended - but I would suggest that Princess Di was an skilled
> manipulator and user of the media who was eventually killed and eaten by the
> beast she had endlessly fed.><snip>

I've never heard it said better because I've never heard it said at all.
Thank you for expressing my deep feelings on this fascinating matter.
Fascinating because some VERY rational people were clobbering
photographers and still are because they thought they caused this
tragedy. I've heard of mass hysteria but not mass bad judgment in the
call of how this thing obviously went down and how it continues with
many bored names who are not at all concerned  with the hard realities
of whose child or dog might be in the street when the play their real
life high speed hide and seek games.
Mark Rabiner