Subject: Re: [Leica] Which to choose, SL or SL2?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:48:22 -0400

Mikiro-san;
I can only tell you about the SL.
I love them! The viewfinder is great if you wear glasses- the meter seems to
give me well exposed negatives all the time, the camera's built like a
Panzer tank, and the 2 cam lenses, if you don't plan or another R camera,
are relatively inexpensive, now.
I know of no trouble getting them fixed- at least here, there is not. Sherry
Krauter is doing one for me now, and while she is not 'cheap' ( inexpensive,
should be the better word), her work is exemplary!
I even had the prism on an older SL-Mot replaced a year or so ago, and parts
didn't seem to be a problem at all!
I would think that the SL2, being newer, is going to be even easier to fix,
if necessary, and if the meter is improved- well, there is certainly nothing
wrong with that. I would say that if there is a big differenct in price, I
would go for the SL... The SL2s that I've seen advertised seem to be
considerably higher, possibly due to their collectibility- if that is the
case, and you are looking for a 'user', don't be afraid of getting the SL-
it is a fine camera!
Dan