Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica and Contax
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:55:06 -0700

> >  I have a lot of experience using Leicas,
> > >1970's "pecker-cameras"
> [snip]
>
> Eh? Pardon my iggerance, but I need some exegesis of that term.

I think he was referring to the movie "Pecker" about a young photog who
achieves fame and notoriety by documenting his family and friends with a
Canonet rangefinder he got at his mom's thrift store.  By extension, a
"pecker-camera" is any of that raft of '70s fixed-lens leaf shutter
rangefinders.

But I'll admit to preferring the other image that popped into my mind when I
read the term ;-)  In this day of sky-cams, web-cams, etc. the potential for
a pecker-cam for in-depth reportage boggles the mind...

Sorry,
Paul