Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: film speed now and then
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:05:51 -0700

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> At 06:22 AM 7/12/99 +0000, you wrote:
> >The slowest B&W film that I have used was Kodak Panatomic-X (ISO 32).  The
> >film is no longer in production.  I was a fine grain freak and would get
> >upset when grain showed up in the prints.
>
> I've got a 100 ft roll of theis stuff in my freezer. Anyone interested?
> Make and offer.
>
> Ken Wilcox
Panatomic-x is my all time favorite film. I used to buy 100 ft rolls of
it all the time before I stopped rolling my own or having my assistant
do it. When Kodak came out with Tmax 100 to replace Panatomic-X it was
BS. I've been scrambling ever since. Pan F I never loved as much except
for in 120.
If you had a whole freezer full I would be more interested but it would
just be delaying the ineviblity of a real cruel world without Panatomic-X.
I get a smile every time I reprint an old portfolio piece and it is
Panatomic-X and it is a joy to print and has a glow that I am not
getting now. But things are looking up.
Mark Rabiner
I always shot it at 50 and so did lots of other people.