Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #13
From: TDSatty@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:53:17 EDT

<<<<I'd originally ordered the Super-Colorplan-P lens but was sent the older
Colorplan-P by mistake, so ended up with both lenses for a while.  The
Super-Colorplan-P is the better lens and the one to get -- it has higher
contrast and better definition into the corners (Leica part 37085).
However if you are using open slide mounts there will still be some
areas slightly out of focus, and the autofocus feature doesn't always
focus the part of a slide that I want to see in best focus (sometimes in
the middle, sometimes not).  If edge-to-edge sharpness really matters,
then consider glass mounts.>>>

I have one of the older Leitz projectors that use the Kodak trays ( a
rebranded Telex, I believe), which came with the 90mm CF lens.  I have never
been able to get it to focus the both the center and corners, and they are
not anywhere near close.   I am using cardboard mounts, which is what the CF
is for.  Annyone else had similar experience?  I ended up with a 60-110 Zoom,
which works much better.

Tom Schofield