Subject: RE: [Leica] M6HM becoming rare?
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 13:39 +0100 (BST)

Dan K writes:

> Lets say you ask for more than the M6HM TTL's price.  If I am a user,
> I'd
> prefer to buy the TTL instead and enjoy the added feature.

Up to a point. The reason for the high demand for the non-TTL .85, is that
those people who have non-TTL .72 bodies, and want a .85, are desperately
looking for the non-TTL version of the .85. If these folk buy the TTL,
they have to suffer having two *almost* identical bodies with shutter
dials that go in opposite directions.

I've never tried to work this way myself, but I rather suspect it would be
an ergonomic nightmare. I don't have a problem switching between Nikon F3
and Leica M, because the bodies are *so* different. The fact that many
controls are reversed isn't a problem (the brain seems to be able to
compensate).

However two almost identical bodies with one control reversed...er...no
thank you.

Of course Leica could help these people by making the .72->.85 viewfinder
conversion (to a real .85 finder, not an M6J or M3 finder) available at a
reasonable price.

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)