Subject: RE: [Leica] M6HM becoming rare?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:07:48 +0000

If I am not mistaken, the optimistic prices represents those cameras which
have not seen film nor sunshine.

Moreover, dealers generally offer cash at least 30% down from their selling
prices.  Buyers prefer to buy from dealers which can do trade-ins so that
your old equipment can be disposed of.  Good dealers have better after
sales accountability.  As an individual, I find that it is difficult to
sell off a new camera at market prices and so the capital appreciation
factor may not be so realistic after all.

Lets say you ask for more than the M6HM TTL's price.  If I am a user, I'd
prefer to buy the TTL instead and enjoy the added feature.

IMO, it might be better to enjoy your new M6HM or keep it for 10 years and
buy the TTL to use now instead.

Dan K.