Subject: [Leica] Talk to me about 50 Summicron vs. 50 Summilux
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:41:17 -0400 (EDT)

I have never owned and have never used a Summliux. But there are a
number of situations where that extra stop would be *very* nice. Not
being amongst the wealthy, I really cannot afford--or at least
justify--owning two 50mm lenses.

What would I be gaining, and what would I be *losing* by getting rid of
the Summicron (late model) and replacing it with a late 70's vintage (or
therabouts) Summilux? This lens stands between a 35mm Summicron (last
before discontinuance) and an Elmarit-M (new), with an M6.

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble