Subject: Re: [Leica] EUROLUG
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 20:46:08 +0200

<Gerry wrote

<I have read with interest about the formation of BLUG and I am frankly
amazed that such a suggestion can come from the seat of Euro-democracy
and the home of the European parliament, Belgium.   I note now that you
are proposing to allow a non European into the fold (namely a South
African).

>Surely in these times of European unity as we approach the Millennium,
this should be EUROLUG, open to all members of the European Community to
the exclusion of all others.   And then we British members could think
of a thousand and one reasons for not co-operating with you, whilst
saying that we still want to be members!

Gerry, and Nathan c.s.

Here I must come to the immediate rescue of our trusted Belgian friends:
the daring suggestion of the founding of a B(enelux) LUG came from
Amsterdam,
home of the free spirits and all that.
And all Europeans, Brits included, indeed all world citizens, are welcome,
but they better speak Dutch! If not, we poor guys from the Benelux will
automatically
revert to English, as we already do all day long! Give us a break! ;-{)
Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam
Holland