Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm options?
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:04:51 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/99 1:59:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, icommag@toad.net
writes:

<< I don't use a 28mm very much so I did not want to spend the money for a
 Leica lens. But, when I saw a review in the July Shutterbug for the KOBALUX
 28mm f3.5 and 21mm f2.8 and they gave both an "excellent" I thought I would
 give the 28mm a try. Both available from Adorama the 28 for $399 and 21 for
 $599. They come with finder, caps, hood and M adaptor. I am very happy with
 the results.By the way, Steve Gandy of camera quest on his web site rates
 the 21mm as better than the Super Angulon 21mm. >>

I think Mr. Gandy must be referring to the f4 S/A.  To say it betters the
f3.4 S/A would put it on a par with the latest 21 ASPH and ahead of the
non-ASPH 21 Elmarit.

DT