Subject: [Leica] Re: DOF?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:43:36 -0700

Every lens, except some zooms and I think the Tri-Elmar, has DOF info, for
that lens, engraved on the lens itself. The instruction booklet or most
photo texts also tell how to read this engraved scale. Aberrations aren't
involved. Lenses of the same focal length and at the same f/stop, at the
same distance, have the same DOF.

Jim