Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:16:49 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/99 11:54:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RCLOMPUS@INNUS.JNJ.com writes:

<<  This will be the first
 non-Leica lens I own.  It seems like a good value for the money - I hope. >>

It's a nifty little lens but as someone else also pointed out, the front
element is not well-protected by the "shade"  (little fixed petals around the
rim) nor is there any provision for mounting a filter so some reasonable care
is needed to keep from marring the coating.  Also, the barrel finish is quite
delicate.  In other words, this lens won't take kindly to being tossed around
in a bag.  (To Cosina's defense, I've spent many hours painstakingly
retouching the decalcomania nomenclature on my vintage chrome Hasselblad
lenses and covering it with clearcoat to keep it from rubbing off again.
Some genius in their bean-counting department decided that engraving was a
dispensible extravagance).

DT