Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica's woes
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 00:05:53 +1000

- --------------4113EAC4FD518E51A87B83D0

Dan S wrote:

> Does that mean that all I have to do is get a repair every year and my
> Passport will never run out? :)
>
> Dan (in the uncivilized U.S)
>

> >you should query the statement, that the warrantee of the new camera starts
> >at
> >the date the replaced camera was sold. In most countries, civilized, that
> >is,
> >the warrantee starts new again from the date of the replacement, or repair,
> >if
> >this was within the original warrantee period.
> >
> >Don't let any Leica distributors rip you off.
> >
> >Regards, Horst Schmidt
> >
> >Dan ( as you said: " In the uncivilized U.S")

Firstly you don't get a repair every year. If you make sure, you get a repair
every year, then you'll loose your guarantee anyway. this people are not so
stupid, as not to find out, that you fiddled with the equipment.

But assume the scenario, that you really have a genuine repair every year. That
means,
that after the  3rd repair, you are out of guarantee. It means, that the
equipment will not last the 3 years it was supposed to last.

In the case which was originally refereed to, the  customer received a brand new
camera, but did not have the 3 year warrantee, a new camera should have.

Horst Schmidt

- --------------4113EAC4FD518E51A87B83D0

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Dan S wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Does that mean that all I have to do is get a repair
every year and my
<BR>Passport will never run out? :)

<P>Dan (in the uncivilized U.S)

<P>>

<P>>you should query the statement, that the warrantee of the new camera
starts
<BR>>at
<BR>>the date the replaced camera was sold. In most countries, civilized,
that
<BR>>is,
<BR>>the warrantee starts new again from the date of the replacement, or
repair,
<BR>>if
<BR>>this was within the original warrantee period.
<BR>>
<BR>>Don't let any Leica distributors rip you off.
<BR>>
<BR>>Regards, Horst Schmidt
<BR>>
<BR>>Dan ( as you said: " In the uncivilized U.S")</BLOCKQUOTE>
Firstly you don't <B>get</B> a repair every year. If you make sure, you
get a repair every year, then you'll loose your guarantee anyway. this
people are not so stupid, as not to find out, that you fiddled with the
equipment.

<P>But assume the scenario, that you really have a genuine repair every
year. That means,
<BR>that after the&nbsp; 3rd repair, you are out of guarantee. It means,
that the equipment will not last the 3 years it was supposed to last.

<P>In the case which was originally refereed to, the&nbsp; customer received
a brand new camera, but did not have the 3 year warrantee, a new camera
should have.

<P>Horst Schmidt
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;