Subject: Re: [Leica] 60/2.8 Macro question
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:50:36 EDT

Thank you AndersonF for the detailed report relative to the 60 and 100 mm
lenses.  I note that you found the lenses resolved somewhere in the 80 lp/mm
range.  Do you mean line pairs per millimeter or lines per millimeter?

Years ago I used the Modern Photography test charts in checking the 50 mm DR
Summicron and secured 100 to 112 lines per millimeter results using
Panatomic-X film and TEC developer.

Something tells me line pairs may suggest twice the resolution of the same
number derived from lines per millimeter.

Thanks again for your very informative discussion and for the work you have
done in this regard.