Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summilux Asph.
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 13:12:37 -0700

Simon Pulman-Jones wrote:

> In Erwin's comparison of the 35 Asph. lenses and the last 35 Summicron-M he
> writes:
>
> *It seems as if the Summilux-M ASPH 35mm is a Summicron-M 35mm with one full
> stop more.*
>
> Any comments?

He speaks of the latest Sumicron 35 with the most glowing of terms:

At full aperture its flatness of field and excellent definition of very
fine details over most of the negative area
is unsurpassed at the moment.

But just says the Summilux-M is the same only bigger. I call that a
recomendation which is putting it mildly and I know what you are
thinking and I agree:
GO OUT AND GET THAT LENS!
Mark Rabiner