Subject: [Leica] R-8
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 09:30:08 -0400

Anyone and Everyone:  As a new (2 weeks) R-8 user I'm really concerned
by the chatter about electronics problems with it. If you'd like could
those who've had problems list them and maybe the s#'s  and purchase
dates so we can see if this is related to a certain batch of bodies or
if this is a problem that we need to talk to Germany directly about.
I've never had but one hiccup between two R-4s's in 8 yrs and one with
an R-7 (only had it for 1yr so that's no so good). All three of those
bodies were bought used so there is no telling what the R-7 went through
be for I got it, buyer beware. The R-8 is brand new and with the the yr.
passport.  Maybe what we're seeing are the shake out bugs with this
being a new creature as such. Please I really would like to hear from
the R-8 LUG'ers out there.
Cheers Wilber

mine is 2413831, bought new June 7th 1999