Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Again (slightly off-topic)
From: "Greg Achenbach" <gachenba@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:03:18 -0600

Hello Luggers.
I've struggled with the amount of XTOL needed per roll of 135-36 film for
some time, and I have been given a variety of opinions despite the fact that
we all read the same directions. In the Kodak technical sheet J-107 which
deals with XTOL for use in small tanks and trays there is a time
compensation table which indicates that no time compensation is needed for 1
to 5 rolls per liter of full strength developer. I read that as meaning that
up to an amount of 200 ml/roll no time increase is needed. For 6 to 10
rolls/liter, the development time should be increased by  15%. As 10
rolls/liter is 100 ml /roll, wouldn't that indicate a 15% increase in
development time for the often quoted amount of 100 ml/roll?

I'll join those who praise the qualities of XTOL. It truly is a remarkable
developer with fine grain and consistent results.

Regards,
Greg Achenbach