Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Gloom-Buster VS 75mm f/1.4 ...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 18:22:04 -0700

TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

> Mark, There will be an alternative to the 75/1,4 - Cosina has just announced
> the arrival of the 75/2,5 Ultra Heliar, priced at about US$ 450 and in the
> Tokyo shops on September 1 this year><snip> The size of the lens is similar to that of a 90/2,8 Tele-Elmar a <snip> it will
> make a nice, lightweight, lens as a companion to a M6 or M4P with the 35/2 as
> main lens.
> Tom A

Wow! Am I tuned into the spirit world or not? (Twilight zone theme)
Are they friendly spirits? Friendly, just listen!
A 2,5 makes me smile as the lens I made my living with for years in the
early eighty's was the 105 2,5 on the Nikon. (My only other lens being a
45 2.8 GN)
I found out this was also the case for Steven Maisel almost a decade
later who I otherwise would not compare myself to.
No the quality of the Ultra Heliar will not approach the awesome Leica
75 1.4 but it's a different kettle of fish..
and might be tasty.
Mark Rabiner
I like gumbo.