Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Gloom-Buster VS 75mm f/1.4 ...
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:42:39 EDT

megamax@abacom.com writes:

> 	--> or procrastinate another month ?
>
>  	--> I'd sure like people who use or have used
>  	both a Noctilux and the 75mm f/1.4 argue
>  	the pros and cons of both.
>  	I can sure appreciate f/1 capability but I tend to wish
>  	the 75mm f/1.4 would come to me first.
>  	Any good ideas ?
>
>  	AJQ

Having used the Noct, the focal length *can* be a little short for some live
subjects comfort level (i.e., you are practically shoving the lens down their
throat to tightly crop on their face).

But...

I'd miss the extra stop and ability to throw the background out of focus.  In
my usage, the Noctilux is a perfect match for my style of shooting.

/Mitch