Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V9 #100
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 17:28:13 -0400

At 03:04 PM 7/6/99 +0800, Adrian Bradshaw wrote:

>Well I have a minty M3 with serial number 1157 054. I hardly dare use it!
>So I prefer to use my M3 number 1089 759, though it only focusses down to
>1m whilst the other later one focusses down to 0.7m.

Adrian!

You may have illuminated my mind on this point:  Roy Moss and I have been
disputing over the close-focusing distance of the 11817 2/50 Summicron.  My
M3's have always been early ones.  I had figured the problem was in the
lens, but, maybe, Roy has later M3's which focus more closely than my old
clunkers.

Thanks!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315