Subject: [Leica] Help with lenses...
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 07:51:14 -0400

I am back with more questions...(R lenses)
First, I have 2 50 Summicrons. They look incredibly different. One says
Leitz
Wetzlar serial number 2422###,
the other says Leitz canada serial number 2780###. What are the
differences?
<<<

Both lenses perform quite well, but the newer (Canadian) lens controls
flare better than the older lens.  IMHO it's also more convenient to use
with the common 55mm filter thread and built-in lens hood.  I have read
opinions that the Canadian lens is as good as they get.  I haven't been
disappointed with it.

My other question is in reagrds to my 135 ELMARIT Leitz Canada.
There seems to be specs of dust in both sides of the glass. What is the
best way
to get rid of it?
<<<

Not to be rude but unless the dust accumulation is heavy, the best way to
get rid of a problem like this is to load your camera with a fine-grain
film, make some pictures, and look at the prints or chromes.  When you look
at your pictures any thought of a problem will disappear.

Doug Herr
Sacramento