Subject: Re: [Leica] Actual Date of Build?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 09:16:04 -0400

I looked up the serial number of my M6HM, and it indicated a birthdate in
1997, which doesn't seem quite right.  I have always understood those
serial number lists merely indicated serial numbers which were allocated
for a given year, but that there is no gaurantee that they were actually
used in that year.   Actually assigning a 'birthdate" doesn't really make
sense to me, unless I am missing something.

Dan C.

At 09:14 AM 05-07-99 -0400, you wrote:
>Bill,
>Thanks for a plausible explanation, but, according to the list, today
>(7/5/99) is the official Leica birthday of my Black M2 (7/5/60). So we are
>going out to celebrate.
>Steve
[snip]