Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 17:30:29 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/4/99 2:36:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mrabiner@concentric.net writes:
>
> << But I haven't shot with a zoom in years, I
>  played with one for five minutes on the road a few months back. An
>  indispensable tool for most, a key to mediocrity for me.
>  Mark Rabiner >>
>
> Your photographs must be awesome.  Could you perhaps list some of your
> publications, so I/we could see some of them?  Thanks.
>
> DT

I can't see why that the fact that I don't use zooms would be so
threatening that incredulity or derision would be in order.
This is mainly a Leica M forum. Not a natural clustering ground for zoom
lovers although I'm sure many of us are quite flexible.
As I've been here for a while I'll hit you with some stuff as I've seen
other people do it so maybe there is a time for it.
You could find me in the yellow pages in the Portland Oregon section
under commercial photographers for most of the last 23 years with the
exception of last year. I could also be found under the Portrait section.
Some highlights:
I have worked for or had photo's in Vogue, Mademoiselle, Sport's
Illustrated, Oregon Magazine, Seventeen, Town and Country, Multnomah
Monthly, Via, Stepping out, Willamette Week...
done fashion/catalog work for Nordstrom, Meier and Frank and Dehen
Knitting here in Portland.
done promotional work for musicians, dancers, actors and corporations at
one time I was doing the head shots for the news teams of all three TV
News networks in Portland at the same time. (unknown to them an
interesting Juggling act).
Others were Jantzen, Microsoft, Oregon Art Institute, Billy Rancher and
the Unreal Gods, Courtney Love, Napoleon's Mistress, Tom Grant, Zia
McCabe of the Dandy Warhols. My photo's of Courtney Love just appeared
in the BBC film "Kurt and Courtney." For Courtney I used a 75-150 Nikon
E Zoom. That was her first shoot.
I have done extensive theatrical photography for Firehouse Theatre, and
Academy Playhouse...
Taught or Lectured at Academy one, Bassist College, Mt. Hood Community
College.
I have been the object of a 3 minute Koin TV News story and a 5 page
Willamette Week Magazine artical. I appeared in the book " A Day in the
Live of Oregon" by the Oregon Historical Society.
When Rosyln Carter was first lady of the US I photographed her for
Mademoiselle.
No major prizes.
Print showings at the Camerawork Gallery started her by Minor White, The
White Gallery, The Shadow Gallery and a show sponsored by the Portland
Opera. Portland is a small town and I've been here for a long time so I
know most people and they know me.
I've looked myself up on the internet and in that sphere I am a virtual
non entity. Such is life!
Mark Rabiner