Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 11:17:16 -0700

TSL wrote:

> >> Point well taken about a Leica "kit"
><snip> Leica M bags need to be much less deep.
> >>
> Yes, I agree - they are big fat ugly zooms.  They are threatening, or
> perhaps they make people look like they have some sort of special edge, like
> a big one...
> Yeah, well - It's lacking class, style.  A guy with a big zoom.  It just
> gives more elegance, style, and smoothness to the guy next to him as he
> suddenly reveals an M6 with 30/2 - Makes 'em feel like a dummy.  No?

Yes although I wouldn't turn down one of those newly styled Nikon
lenses, the 80-200 matching the 28-80 I think the numbers go.
They seem deadly functional. But I haven't shot with a zoom in years, I
played with one for five minutes on the road a few months back. An
indispensable tool for most, a key to mediocrity for me.
Mark Rabiner