Subject: Subject: [Leica] World travels
From: Frédéric <fduval@cybercable.fr>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 18:06:42 +0200

Frédéric wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Leica] Most used  Leica lens - just for fun.
>
> 50/2 Summicron-M
> 28/2,8 Elmarit-M
>
> I'm travelling around the world with M6 during two years and rolls Fuji
> Reala and superia 800.

Frederic,

Tell us more about your travels. Where do you plan to go? When?
- - --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/

Hy everybody,

  Sorry for my writing english, I speak better !

  As from January 1999 I take two sabbatical years. To travel around the
world. My plan : travelling three months, come back to Paris one or two
months and to set off again three months etc. :-))
  I started in April-May 99 by making " El Camino de Santiago " between
Le Puy (France) and Compostelle (Spain). In this moment, I am in Paris
to prepare my next voyage with Lonely Planet Guides and newsgroups :
Europe (Holland, Denmark, Scandinavia, Russia of the west, Europe
Central and to finish in Istanbul). Departure on this August 16.
  January, February and March 2000: Departure of Istanbul and the Middle
East, Africa. At the end of spring, summer 2000: Asia. Etc, etc.

  For Compostelle (hiking or trip of 1500 km), I had two problems : the
weight in the rucksack and the time. For the weight, no more 10-11 kg.
And for the time, each day I walked 40 km on average and after... I was
tired and I slept. I couldn't often to stop for wait the good
light/moment during my hiking. So, I took my Minox GTE !

  For my next journeys, I will use my M6 (black). I'm going to travel
with a rucksack too and to sleep in the young hostels mainly. My M6 will
be with me for all my activitys : trekking, visiting etc.
  And there, I will take all my time. For me, take a picture is like to
stop the present and "live". With my M6, it's me who take the decisions,
no a computer. I fell in love with Leica. I like its sensations, this
perfection in my hands. With this wonderfull tool, I'm trying to do
goods pictures ! Not easy !!

  With my 50/2 and 28/2,8, I can to do landscapes, street scenes and
portraits. And mainly to be inside action. And with 100 and 800 iso, no
problem with lighting.
For transit from airport or each day, I didn't want a big camera bag. I
choiced the Lowepro Topload Zoom 1 and it's prefect for M6 and my two
lenses and small things for transit and another bag for rolls.
  During the day, the Lowepro is in hostel with my rucksack and I take
my M6 on neck. My second lense is in a very small bag with some rolls on
my belt, a Sabana Mini Pouch (a bag for APS camera !). I can change
lenses very easily. It's very practical for me, more difficult for
robbers !
  No tripod, because, with my last travels, I know itsn't very useful to me.
At least, I hid the Leica red sigle and the mention LEICA M6.

Thanks to Leica-users for advices and pictures since almost one year now
!
It's a very good school.;-)
If you have any suggestions, I'm interested.

Best regards,

Frederic Duval