Subject: [Leica] Re: 50mm Summicron-M vs Summilux-M
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 16:23:41 -0700

After using various f/2 and f/2.8 optics on my M cameras, and always
running out of f/stops or usable shutter speeds (I use mainly transparency
film, ISO 100 or 200), I bought a 35/1.4 ASPH and a 75/1.4. These are the
most used lenses I own. And it is amazing how many times I use them at
f/1.4. Enough to easily justify them. Now if I were using much higher speed
film, then f/1.4 would not be so important. The performance of my 35 & 75
is unbelievable!!! The word is stellar. I don't leave home without either.

My 24 ASPH gets some use. Sometimes you need a wide angle. My 50/2 DR gets
little use. I end up using the 75 instead. As I said before... take one
step back and the 75 becomes a 50.

Jim

At 12:37 PM 7/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The Adler Family wrote:
>>
>> I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I have not been
able
>> to find a succinct answer to this question even after a thorough search of
>> the digest's history of Erwin's reviews. I am a recent purchaser of an
M6TTL