Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 left out?
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:37:12 -0400

SCripscan@aol.com wrote:
>> Being new to the Leica list, just wondering why there is so little
>>discussion
>> concerning the R8.
>> Skip Converse

	Skip,

	Give yourself 10 days: I'm 100% convinced you'll
	read a whole lot about the Leica R8.
	May I suggest YOU start a "thread" ?
	Ask any question you have in mind
	and, sure enough, before 24 hours time,
	the many very knowledgeable LUG Leica enthusiasts,
	"advanced amateurs" and professional photographers
	will rush in to be of help. Some have an uncanny knowledge
	of Leica history and trivia and I'm sure you'll
	learn a lot quite fast. BUT, do expect the 'M' crowd
	to make sure you get the 'M-bug' along the way ...

	The usual questions center around which lenses
	perform best, the mechanical VS electronic
	designs, but seldom photo technique with a Leica R,
	or lighting (my forever weak spot).
	If you happen not to already own a Leica camera,
	or readily have access to one, don't feel bad but expect
	to get a serious case of unrelenting Leica drooling,
	I'd say just about 10 days should do it.

	Also, for some reason, this has been Leica R6.2 week:
	now I drool for a new one myself... I've actually cut out
	and scotch taped the photo of one from an older
	Leica catalog right under the window in front of my desk,
	along with a paste-up of good photos of my favorite aircrafts,
	and the thing is staring at me madly as I write this...
	My mother used to think I was hiding a truckload
	of Leica gear "somewhere", ... dear Mom.

	May I ask: what would be y-o-u-r DREAM Leica R8
	photobag stuffed with ? Do you prefer B&W or color,
	slides or print ? Do you travel a lot ? What sort of
	photography interests you mostly ? Wide, normal or tele
	person ? Do your kids have access to your photo gear ?
	Is there a lab that gives you consistent outstanding quality ?
	Do you have really good service related stories to share ?
	Do you prefer Fuji Reala CS, Kodak PORTRA VC, Kodachrome,
	Fuji XTRA 800 or Agfa Optima II 400 ? Fuji Velvia ...
	This should give you an idea of places YOU steer
	the discussion, the LUG is YOURS too.

	So, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

	Andre Jean Quintal

	PS: if you would like to know more about the current
	LEICA products, you can get a very beautiful and informative
	full color catalog (either in German, French or English),
	by going to http://www.leica-camera.com
	and follow "Leica Program" and you should get it
	in about a week's time. It's free but it's worth
	a million.

   "Of course, everybody knows pigs rule this World."

		Miss Piggy, in a private interview
		leading to her authorized life story.