Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder question
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:11:43 EDT

horst.schmidt@actek.com.au writes:

>  The Imarect (VIOOH) is the best of the Leitz adjustable viewfinders. The
Imarect
>  has an adjustable mask from 35mm to 135mm. It also comes with a 28mm screw
on
>  adapter. (the adapter is a collectors item and will set you back about
$500US and
>  is a pain in the neck.) There're are a few different models Imarect . Some
have a
>  marking for the 73mm lens and some for the 85mm lenses. It has an inbuilt
prism
>  and shows the image correct.

According to your description, the VIOOH and IMARECT are one and the same?
The one I have does mask from 35, 50, 85, 90 and 135.  It also has the
threads in the front, which I did not notice until your post.  Additionally,
the image is correctly viewed and *not* reversed.

>  The VIDOM  view finder is the follow up model of the VISOR Viewfinder and
was the
>  Model before the Imarect. This Viewfinder will show the image right to
left reversed, and
>  when you tilt the camera by 90 Deg. it will rotate the image by 180
>  Deg.. There is an adjustment on the exit pupille to correct this. Leitz in
the
>  beginning tried to make this look like a feature. they said it would
assist in
>  keeping the camera horizontal, because there was a magnification factor
>  involved.: Every 1 Deg Camera movement resulted in an 2 Deg
>  visual movement. However as soon as the Imarect was released, that bit of
rubbish
>  was discontinued.
>  For Using, The Imarect is the preferable view finder.
>
>  I hope this helps.

YES!  This helps immensely!  Thank you very much.

/Mitch