Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Cosina new lenses/press release
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:00:08 -0400

> > Dr. Blacktape Wonders:
>
> > Is this sort of J---- bashing either appropriate or necessary?
>
> Neither!
>
> > Times change. Industries change. Centers of economic power
> change. Live with it.
>
> He is, but he doesn't have to like it and he is free to bash as he
> sees fit, isn't he? The readers will determine the worthiness of his
> remarks.
> --
> Roger
> mailto:roger@beamon.org
>
>     They that give up essential liberty
>      to purchase a little temporary safety,
>      deserve neither liberty nor safety.
>                  -- Benjamin Franklin

Dr. Blacktape responds, with a heavy heart:

Somehow, Roger, I don't think that Dr. Franklin was saying that voluntarily
refraining from jingoistic racial bashing reduces either our freedoms or our
claims to them. Yes, of course, one has the "right" to behave publicly like
a perfect horse's ass. But that doesn't mean one must.

And, by the way, all Dr. Blacktape is doing is expressing his opinions of
the remarks in question - not questioning the remarkers right to make them.

Have a good Independence Day.