Subject: Re: [Leica] 180 Elmar, was 90/2.0 R how good???
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:46:27 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/99 8:58:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, budcook@ibm.net
writes:

<< I can't for the life of me understand why the 180/4 Elmar would be >>
Me neither. But then again, I have had three 100 f4 lens and still have two.
They are phenomal, period. The resolution across the field is at the limit of
my test chart (80 to100 line pairs/inch on Kodak high contrast copy film and
tech pan). I am beginning to wonder how many folks really use their lenses or
actually own all of the ones they talk about. I know some do but some of us
have been doing this for a very long time.
My impression is that the Leicaflex and R lenses of the 1970's were already
of a very high quality. Further, the build quality of the mounts was
extraordinary. I know the barrel does not make the image, but it sure feels
good!
Bob Figlio