Subject: Re: [Leica] Cosina new lenses/press release
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 22:23:13 +1000

Mikiro Mori wrote:

> At 1:34 pm +0200 1/7/99, Mikiro Mori wrote:
>
> >http://www.cameraguild.co.jp/retinahouse/html/$B%&%k%H%m%s#3#5(J.jpg
> >http://www.cameraguild.co.jp/retinahouse/html/$B%+%i!<%X%j%"#7#5(J.jpg
> >http://www.cameraguild.co.jp/retinahouse/html/$B%N%/%H%s#5#0(J.jpg
>
> Paul and others,
>
> Sorry. These pages were all in Japanese and may not be accessed properly
> without a Japanese language module.
>
> The new LTM lenses with RF coupling are as follows:
>
> 35/1.7 asph (Ultron), 8 elements/6 groups, released on 1/Aug, ~ 550 USD
> 75/2.5 (ColorHeliar), 6 elements/5 groups, released on 1/Sep, ~ 420 USD
> 50/1.5 asph (Nokton), 6 elements/5 groups, released on 1/Oct, ~ 550 USD
>
> Mikiro
> Strasbourg

Its a pity, That Cosina won't use their own names for the lenses. Voigtlander
never had a 35 mm Ultron, Nor was there a f2.5 Heliar.Hopefully, This lenses
are, by today's standards as good as the same lenses with the same  name,
when Voigtlander, -who was screwed and ruined by the same companies who use
the name now- made the lenses. The Nocton then, was as good a lens as the
Leica Summicron. Lets see if they Cosina Nocton is as good as the Leica
equivalent. I don't quite believe it.
It does not matter if they are cheaper. In the Voigtlander days they where
also cheaper than the Leitz lenses, But could hold their own.

But  a 35mm Ultron, what bullshit.

I may be getting a bit carried away here, but it makes me mad to think this
bastards, who ruined the European camera industry with the help of the  then
cheap labour by back yard manufacturers, have the ghoul to use the names,
they helped to destroy.

Let them make screw or bayonet lenses but use their own names.

Horst Schmidt