Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film stock questions
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:55:19 EDT

mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

>  Hey Mitch glad your back!

I never left; I've been doing business trips and shooting film!

>  There's Fuji 800 that wedding photogs are using and I like for anything.

Isn't that color?  They want B&W.

>  You won't get hideous grain with the Delta 3200 if you have it souped it
>  in Xtol.

I'll have to find some one to do it for me.  I don't have a darkroom as yet.

>  It will look real mainstream and you won't need your Noct. Or a flash.

Gotta use the Noct.  My wideangle is the Summaron f/3.5.

>  It's nice to stop down a few anyway unless your family has a habit of
>  standing in perfectly stright lines the same distance from your film
>  plane. I'd shoot is at a less scarey 1600 for me though a stop faster
>  than the Fuji color.

I thought about 1600, but figured the EI 800 would be even better.

>  Good luck. Weddings are war! Bring a backup body.

Don't have one of those either; just the M3 with the Noct and Summaron (also
a collapsible Summicron 50 that I'm just beginning to use).

>  I'd shoot knees up with a 35mm.

If the EI is fast enough, I'll try that.  Thanks!

/Mitch