Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm M view finder
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:24 +0100 (BST)

Ting writes:

> Why not just get the Voightlander Skopa instead..for abt $450 u get a
> pretty
> good finder ....... and a lens :)
> (The finders for the Skopa & Heliar is at abt 1 stop brighter than the
> Leitz
> finders- )

I've got the people at Robert White investigating the availability of the
15mm and 25mm viewfinders as spare parts. If they can get them separately,
then I'm going to take a 15mm v/f apart and see how easy it would be to
mask it for 21mm coverage.

Now *ideally* I'd like to see if one could squeeze in an engraved mask
with 21mm and 24mm lines. Then we'd have one 'universal' viewfinder for
15, 21 & 24mm wide angles.

However, it's been 15 years since I did any optical design, so don't hold
your breath.