Subject: [Leica] Re: Was Leica/Linhof
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:25:07 -0700

At 07:12 PM 6/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>What are your thoughts on the new E100VS? I've been reading reviews and
>have been a big fan of E100S and E100SW. From what I've read it looks
>like it has wonderful "pop" as well as much more open shadows and
>inherently greater lattitude. And it looks neutral in the shadows as
>well. TIA.
>--
>Carl Socolow

I used VS at the last Leica workshop. It seems to be a very usable film. It
does exhibit more contrast than the non VS film. This film gives you the
saturation without the required "Kodak underexposure". If you underexpose,
even slightly, watch out... deep deep saturated colors. Which you can use
to your advantage in certain circumstances. Fuji Velvia dies with
underexposure. VS doesn't. It just beats you over the head with the color.

Jim