Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: TMax 3200
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:05:20 -0400

D Khong wrote:

> Friends
>
> I was just given a free roll of this film to use.  What's the best way to
> use and develop this film?  Can it be souped in XTOL?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan K.

Load in subdued light. I prefer to rate it at 1600 and process it at
nominal Kodak times and temps in T-Max Developer. They were virtually
made for each other. One caution, use very little agitation.

I've been printing photos I made in Venice at night using Leica handheld
with 35 Summicron, 50 Summilux and 21 Elmarit at anywhere from 1/30 to
1/4 sec. With film rated at 1600 and developed as above I am blown away
by the shadow detail and relative fineness of grain. One of these years
I'll post them to my web site.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/