Subject: Re: [Leica] Last minute advice
From: "Bill" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:57:23 -0700

>Mark Cohen wrote:
>Think about it this way, that 3000.00 camera will probably last you 30
>years, thats 10.00 a year.  :)

Hmmm.  Let's see.   In real life terms, I bought my first new Leica M3 and 50
mm Summicron 31 years ago for USD 225.  I don't know what it is worth today.
The utility value precludes offering it for sale.  I bought a M6 HM nine
months ago for $1800.  I don't know what it is worth today because I find it
is a blast to carry two Leicas around my neck and I believe in buying a new
camera every 30 years whether I need one or not.

;-)  Bill Larsen