Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice for high temperature
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:36:29 -0600

inyoung@jps.net wrote:

>  I am mapping out my intinerary to Palm Deserts (Palm Spring) area this
> weekend and have heard that its average temperature was normally 105
> degrees.  I have never been in a place with more than 95 degrees shooting
> and wonder what to watch out for my dear Leica equipment.  Also what lens
> should I take once I have never been there and do not know what I possibly
> shoot.  I am planning to take both M and Leica reflex (either Leicaflex or
> R).

David,

First of all, if that's the average temperature, and not merely the
average HIGH temperature, avoid the area altogether :-)

Don't leave the cameras in the sun or in a parked car in the sun.
Otherwise, they will be fine. You, on the other hand, would do well to
do most outdoor photography either in the morning or evening, when the
heat is not too intense!

Jeff