Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 mm lens; f1.0 vs. f1.4
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 06:18:26 +0000

>Has anyone compared the optical qualities of the f1.0 and f1.4 lenses?
>Does anyone have an opinion on the matter?

My opinion after owning both.  They are two differing performers and I
would not give one up for the other.  I use my summilux 80% of the time
between the two and travel with the lux quite often as just the only lens
to take along.  I use both wide open with satisfaction, the pictures are
just different that's all.  Do not expect the Noct to be a "do all" lens,
it is terribly heavy on your neck and arms and you will regret not carrying
the 'lux.

If you can afford both, then buy both..... otherwise I would go for the
'lux as first choice.

Dan K.