Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Floating Optics
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:16:42 -0700

>Lucien asked:
>
>		Do you think there are floating elements in one of the M
>		lenses ?
>
>		I don't have my reference books with me at work but I
>recollect that the newer M wide angles have incorporated floating elements.
>Can someone help with this question?  Perhaps Erwin or Marc?
>
>		Richard

I'm neither, but no M lens has floating elements. M lenses don't
focus very close, and in general as fairly close to 'normal'
construction, ie, neither telephoto nor retrofocus. Generally, normal
lenses do not benefit as much from floating elements.

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com