Subject: RE: [Leica] Fluorescent filtration
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:53:52 -0600

Donal,

Cokin does make 39mm (& 46mm) mounts for their standard (smaller) range of
holders. I had gone over to the P holders for my Nikons, but I had a number
of these left over from my OM days. Now they are used on my M6

The smaller holders hardly cut into the M6 viewfinder on most M lenses ( and
if you wanted, you could always cut a corner off them?)

I quite like the Cokin filters for dealing with fluorescent. I have Std
holders in 39, 46 and 49mm for my M; and P holders in 52, 62 and 72 for my
Nikons.  They do work great with the new Kodak 200 or Fuji MS 100/1000
indoors, esp. with a flash with a green filter.

In fact a recently used the Cokin filters on my 4x5 + Nikon 90mm SW for an
architectural shoot - they worked great. The slightly lighter FL filter
(can't remember its number) even worked well when there was some daylight
mixed in.

You can get most of the filters and mount from Porters.

Tim A