Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Floating Optics
From: Xavier Logean <xavier.logean@epfl.ch>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:43:11 +0200

Lucien wrote:

> Xavier Logean wrote:
>
> > Canon has some AF lenses with Floating elements !
> > Thus, It should be possible for Leica to do the same .......
>
> Xavier,
>
> What did you read in my post which make you answer that.

Sorry about that,

I read too fast your message and didn't
noticed the "AX",

Xavier

> I was only discussing the fact that Contax AX kind of
> autofocus system will not give the best results possible
> with some Leica R lenses (and also some Contax lenses like
> the 35/1,4).
>
> The Contax AX body autofocuses by changing the lens-to-film
> distance (adjusting the distance between the lens and the
> film plane by moving the film plane).
> The body does the focusing work, not the lenses.
>
> Lucien

Logean Xavier                            e-mail: xavier.logean@epfl.ch
Swiss Federal Institute                  Phone : ++41 21 693 52 57
of Technology Lausanne  (EPFL)           Fax   : ++41 21 693 66 10
Computer Science Department (DI)         url   : http://icawww.epfl.ch
Institute for computer Communications and Applications (ICA)
CH-1015 Lausanne